Explore a rewarding career in insurance with Heffernan Insurance Brokers. Our paid summer internship program gives college students the opportunity to engage with senior managers, collaborate on group projects, and volunteer in their community. We believe in our mission: answer the phone and have fun! And aim to foster a workplace where our team not only finds joy in what they do, but also takes pride in meeting our clients' needs. We’ve built a foundation of authenticity, creativity, and drive and invite you to be a part of our dynamic journey. Learn from the best and kick start a career you love!
Real World Experience Awaits
Our summer internship is a 10-week program. As an intern, you’ll experience the daily work of insurance professionals for yourself. This is an opportunity to develop expertise and jumpstart your career.
- Work side by side with seasoned Heffernan professionals.
- Experience the daily operations of multiple departments and learn about a variety of fields, including business and commercial insurance, employee benefits, financial services, marketing, information technology, and human resources
- Gain practical experience related to project management, risk management, sales, marketing, data analysis, and more
- Attend client and prospect meetings.
- Participate in group insurance training courses offered by The Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers (CIAB).
- Sharpen your skills in weekly education engagements.
- Receive one-on-one coaching and mentoring.
The Program Structure
As a summer intern, you can expect to:
- Work seven-hour workdays (35 hours per week).
- Receive compensation at $20 per hour.
- Gain in-office work experience at a designated Heffernan office.
- Meet and network with other interns over coffee, lunch, and cohort events (bowling, baseball games, trivia nights, etc.).
The Heffernan Difference
Heffernan is a privately-held brokerage with a unique company culture. Our mission statement is simple: answer the phone and have fun. We are dedicated to fostering a culture in which employees enjoy their work, are motivated, can respond to the needs of our clients, and have the freedom to be their own creative and authentic selves. We are also committed to supporting our community through volunteer opportunities and donations.
Heffernan was named one of the “Best Agencies to Work For” by Insurance Journal in 2022 – something we’re proud of! This summer, we want to share our work culture with you. Discover more about the insurance industry and jumpstart your career by joining us!
Are You Qualified?
To be eligible for the Hefferan summer internship program, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a college student entering your sophomore, junior, or senior year. (We will also consider graduating seniors.)
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.